Our retained client is currently looking for a Trainee Accountant who wants to complete their professional qualifications in private industry; the position will provide the candidate with experience of working as part of a busy finance team, which spans renewable energy, agriculture and logistics. The role is ideal for a motivated individual that relishes a challenge and training will be provided spanning all aspects of the accountancy function. The ability to collaborate with other functions within the group will be a key attribute as well as liaising with external stakeholders.
This role reports to the group CFO but the candidate will work closely with the senior accountant.
Main Aspects of Role:
- Managing the accounts payable function across a number of group entities ensuring that weekly reports are being issued to senior management for review
- Maintaining the group accounts receivable ensuring that monthly sales invoices are issued in a timely manner and outstanding amounts are being followed up on
- Manage bank reconciliations and treasury function liaising with various group banking facilities
- Oversee the monthly credit card reconciliation ensuring all submissions are received from the difference business units
- Preparation of all statutory compliance requirements including VAT, Intrastat, VIES etc.
- Preparing monthly payroll for review by senior accountant and updating group HR system for any employee changes
- Posting monthly journals including fixed asset depreciation, external funding, stock movement etc. bringing the trial balance to completion for review by the senior accountant
- Maintain the group purchase order system ensuring that all business units are adhering to agreed internal processes
- Ensuring that group intercompany ledgers and all balances are in agreement
- Has started or are interested in completing their accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA CPA)
- An interest in developing their IT system skills, the group is currently operating Sage Line50
- Experience with Microsoft Office & excel skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
For a full list of jobs we currently have available please, visit our website.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.