Street Lighting Electrician Needed
Location – Harlington Road Depot
Role: Highway Electrician
Hours: Full Time (Permanent)
Location: Harlington Road Depot
Reporting to: Street Lighting Manager
3D Personnel construction recruitment agency is a leading name in construction recruitment for The United Kingdom supplying Professional & Technical, Trades & Labour and Construction Services talent across a broad range of construction sectors. Our dedicated labour managers can guide you through the whole construction recruitment process and help you land that dream role in the British construction industry.
About the role
Our client currently has opportunities available for 2 Highway Electricians to join its growing team and work on projects across London and Essex providing an efficient and effective service to our Customers through our construction and maintenance projects.
The role involves working outdoors on street lighting and other highway apparatus. The role involves the installation and maintenance of all highway electrical apparatus including, street lighting columns, brackets and lanterns as well as traffic signs and bollards You will also be required to diagnose faults and complete repairs of faulty lighting units as well as undertaking routine maintenance activities such as lantern replacements, lamp cleaning and change, and periodic testing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out maintenance on all street lighting assets
- Testing and inspection with periodic inspections of installations and issue certificates
- New installations including terminations and jointing of cables
- Carrying out emergency work (including out of hours rota)
- Working safely within the vicinity of D.N.O equipment
- Deploying signage, lighting and guarding on and around the highway
- Using a locator/detector for underground services/cables
- Installation of electrical equipment for new street lighting assets.
Whilst undertaking these tasks, you will ensure that all relevant standards are met in relation to the activity and compliance with all health and safety rules, regulations and legislation. You will be required to work with minimum supervision, completing all relevant paperwork and liaising with other trades when required whilst maintaining a clean and tidy workplace.
Essential Technical Competencies
To be successful in this role you should be able to work both as part of a team and individually and possess excellent communication and organisational skills. You MUST have experience of working on Highways Electrical Projects and hold either a Street Lighting NVQ or a full Portfolio of Work and Qualifications.
- Electrical qualification - C&G 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- C&G 2361, 2330 or equivalent
- C&G 2391, HEA 714 or equivalent
- C&G 6156 (NRSWA) - Units 1-3 and ideally 1-9
- HESA 210: G39/1
- Full UK driving licence with ability to drive over 3.5 tonne and up to 7.5 tonne vehicles
Other Essential Technical Competencies:
- IPAF 1B
- Abrasive wheel training
- Manual Handling training
- First Aid training
- Cable Avoidance Tool training
- ECS/CSCS Card
- MEWP Category 1B certificate
If you feel you have the experience to fill this role, please apply with your most up-to-date CV
Please apply below or call our London office on 02071.833.030 for more information
Finding a suitable construction job for you is something 3D Personnel takes massive pride in. Other projects and progression will be available within 3D Personnel due to the ever growing construction industry that is thriving in London and Colchester Areas.
3D Personnel is currently working on a number of large scale projects in the London and Colchester, if the job above does not suit please contact us for other potential construction job opportunities near you.
For a full list of construction jobs we currently have available please visit
3D Personnel act as an employment business.