Vacancy: Sr Quantity Surveyor, RC Frame, Steel Frame, Groundworks, General Building works,
Salary: €80k - €90K + package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading provider of RC Frame, Steel Frame, Groundworks and General Building works, is presently seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work from their office in Monaghan.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years' + experience in working with sub contractors / main contractors undertaking a range of projects.
This a great opportunity to join a leading company with a large amount of work going into the next 18 months to 2 yrs.
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 6 years' working on building projects for main contractors or subbies as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civil engineering projects
- Familiar with NEC Contracts.
- Enthusiastic, motivated individual required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently