Job Description: Site Manager
Salary: £35,000 – 45,000
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for a Site Manager to work on an ongoing project in Belfast. My Client is a multidisciplinary construction company working as Main Contractor, delivering an abundance of high end projects across Ireland and the UK.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager/Project Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a building project. They will also manage and lead other members of the construction team.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
• Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
• Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
• Liaise with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
• Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
• Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
• Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
• Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
• Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
• Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
• Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects on Gateway to enable traceability.
• Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection process as and when required.
Please note this role requires the candidate to be familiar with Northern Ireland, only candidates who have/are living and working in Northern Ireland will be considered. .
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org