Our clients are a London-based build and refurbishment contractor, who work on high end residential and commercial fit out and build projects in the London area.
They are looking for a Site Manager with a strong residential and carpentry background to work on a refurbishment project they have in Baker Street up until May.
- Supervising the subcontractors on site and pushing work for completion within the set time period.
- Manage the site and ensuring the work is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality by effectively organising and managing the site activities
- Identify the need for Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of work and implement in your area whilst maintaining records
- Manage and implement H&S procedures including the weekly audit process and ensuring all registers and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner
- Deliver changes to current working practices and procedures to provide service improvements through negotiation and consultation with recognised employee representatives, whilst ensuring effective employee relations
- Understand budgets, valuations and costs whilst recognising contractual requirements
- Ensure the timely delivery of MI, project reporting and forecasting
- Support the procurement functions in the selections of sub-contractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs, site inductions, and health and safety records
- Ensuring staff you are responsible for understand their roles and responsibilities, and manage them accordingly by providing guidance and training as necessary
- Good residential experience
- Strong carpentry background
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Good IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their experience as a Site Manager