Job Description: Site Manager (Civil)
Location: Northern Ireland
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for a Site Manager to work on a huge civil project in Northern Ireland. My Client is a Building, Civil Engineering and Property Development Company. Working on a major water infrastructure project across Northern Ireland, you will play a key role within the team through setting out, excavation, pipe laying and concrete works.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
• Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
• Develop programmes for forward planning, in collaboration with the supply chain.
• Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
• Produce weekly and monthly progress reports as appropriate.
• Communicate programme risks to the Contracts Manager and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
• Plan, manage and document site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
• Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
• Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
• Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
• Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies
Education / Experience:
- Experience as a lead Site Manager specifically
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineer with 3 + years’ experience
- Experience in water works or utilities will be looked upon favourably.
- Current health and safety card (CSR|CSCS|Safepass or equivalent) to supervisor level.
- Able to manage health and safety issues to Safe -T-Cert or a similar audited scheme such as ISO 18001.
- Good personnel management skill
- Detailed previous project list
- Driving licence
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
Please send your CV to Sarah Kennedy