Working for a well known Residential Developer in an aftercare role (aftersales) this position will involve surveying for potential defects and assessing whether they are defects in the 1st instance.
The person subsequently will decide how best to remedy any problem - whether to amend the problem through inhouse resources or get the requisite subcontractor(s) back in to fix the problem. Everything will be documented via an inhouse software programme.
- Meeting residents and contractors will form a big part of their role so strong communication skills and a good understanding of construction is required.
- Responsible for linking in with the completions team regarding timing of handovers to customers and building relationships with customers from this point and throughout the defect liability period.
- Ensuring technical knowledge of the residential units under your care to allow giving accurate advice to customers on maintenance and use and correctly identify defects.
- Asses all aftercare issues reported and update logging system.
- Referring defects to the original contractor or to aftercare engineer as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring trade contractors remediation KPI’s and ensuring the accurate recording on logging system.
- Where contractors have not responded within their contractual deadlines to arrange rectification works and recharge to original contractor as per contract terms.
- Ensure customers are fully informed throughout the process direct or via helpdesk.
- Produce tracking reports for defect type and remediation timelines for Customer care manager.
- Ensure defects are completed and closed out as appropriate.
- Following up with residents to confirm works completed to satisfactory standard.
- Attend end of defects inspections
- Undertake warranty inspections and pre-inspections and issue lists.
- A background in Construction, particularly the finishing and handover stage of residential properties, is essential.
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail