Vacancy: Project Director - Pharma
Location: Drogheda Co Louth
Salary: €135K - €150K + full package
3D Personnel’s client is one of Irelands leading Building contractors who have grown and developed over the years to become one of Ireland's leaders in the sector through sustainable growth, outperforming targets and repeat business from blue chip clients.
Our Client has a range of projects including large scale traditional building contracts for new builds, fit out, significant structural refurbs as well as design and build of large scale landmark developments.
- Management of Construction Department with Project Managers, site teams and design teams.
- Managing the Construction Portfolio for the client.
- Involvement with company structure, projections and organisational policy.
- Business Development and Sales.
- Developing new client relationships, and maintaining existing client relationships
- Budgets and cost control.
- Performance reviews and performance analysis.
- Setting KPIs for staff and contractors and measuring these on 6 month reviews.
- Direct reporting to the Managing Director.
- Contract negotiation.
- Providing leadership to staff and developing their skillsets.
Core Competencies in the Project Director role:
- Leadership: The ability to build and lead teams of Project Managers and associated staff, ensuring that they perform to the highest level through mentoring, support, guidance and continuous reviews.
- Problem solving: Getting to the root cause of the problem, gathering the information, assessing the impact, formulating a strategy to resolve it, implementing the solution, getting the team to buy into it and monitoring the progress.
- Management: Having an open door policy and being a good listener. Resolving problems as soon as they come to light. Following up on actions promised.
- Relationship building: Being able to develop good relations with clients, stakeholders, staff, subcontractors and vendors. Establishing trust between parties so that problems can be identified and resolved timeously. Finding out parties aspirations and requirements and influencing them to suit the needs of the company.
- Commercial and Cost Control: Recognising contractual deviations, recording and compiling commercial documents and presenting and influencing the case.
- Meetings: Chairing meetings, keeping order, influencing stakeholders and clients. Ensuring actions are allocated and following up on actions recorded during meeting
Requirements needed for the Project Director Role:
- Main Contracting Pharmaceutical industry project expereicence.
- A minimum of 10 year’s relevant construction experience, ideally coming from an engineering background.
- Held a similar Contracts Manager or Senior Projects Manager role
- Experienced in the management of sub-contractors, ensuring their adherence to quality and programme.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation.
- Computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools.
- Experience in the delivery of large scale building projects (€20m+)
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
This is a highly confidential role and all enquires will be treated as such. The job poster is happy to discuss the role with any interested parties on the phone.