The Company and Role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to join one the UK's leading major contractors within London. Applicants are required to be technically minded and proficient in liaising with design team, client etc. They should also be able to work efficiently and effectively with the Site Team to ensure construction is carried out accurately; that quality is maintained; records are kept; abortive or defective work is avoided and that satisfactory progress is achieved.
Duties and Requirements needed Include:
- Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'
- Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly
- To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity
- Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc
- Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered
- Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly
- Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out
- Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
- To be aware of the provisions of Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment
- Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
- Familiar with Quality Management System.
- Record instructions.
- Maintain drawing register
- Significant relevant knowledge and understanding of all aspects of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical aspects with regard to building structures.