Vacancy: Site Engineer
3D Personnel’s client is a leading Irish Main Contractor. They are currently looking for Site Engineer with at least 2-3 years’ experience for a project in Cork.
The successful candidate will report to Site Management and will be responsible for the effective implementation of the planned design, providing all setting out on site to ensure that work progresses on time and that all checks are carried out on a regular basis.
This is a genuine opportunity to join one of the leading companies in Ireland with the chance to become a key member of their management team.
- Setting out and supporting the Project Manager with the day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Project Manager as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete contractors
- Checking plans, drawings and supervisor of setting out co - ordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- Level 8 Engineering qualification
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
- Hold a valid safe pass