Vacancy: Site Engineer
Salary: €60K + package
An opportunity has arisen for a confident, motivated and customer-focused Site Engineer, who shows great leadership and decision making skills in order to guide and inspire the site teams to deliver a top class product.
Successful Site Engineer will be based in a Dublin area while working for a leading building contractor on large scale residential development.
- The successful candidate will report to Site Management and will be responsible for the effective implementation of the planned design, providing all
- Setting out on site to ensure that work progresses on time and that all checks are carried out on a regular basis.
- Checking drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Planning work and efficiently organizing site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Would need experience with GPS for drainage etc. on roadworks.
- At least 2 years consecutive experience working within a large main contractor or relevant sub-contractor on residential projects in Ireland or UK
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering
- Experience with Total station and GPS
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with proven problem solving skills