Electrical Contracts Manager required by a company who specialise in the provision of Electrical & Mechanical installations on projects across the UK & Ireland.
Reporting To: Operations Manager and Senior Management Team
Job Purpose: The Contracts Manager’s role includes strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. The candidate will act as the point of contact for the Client. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams.
Main purpose of the job: To coordinate and oversee the commercial management for the delivery of the National Electrical Framework Contract, working collaboratively with engineers, call centre agents, auditors, IT, Finance, H&S, Logistics, HR and other project team members to ensure a consistent and quality delivery of a cost effective and customer focused service. In addition to this, to act as the Head of Delivery as and when required, including representation at both internal and external meetings and management of the design and delivery service.
1. Strategy Development
• To fully understand the Tender Submission Document and the deliverables expected by the Client.
• Ensure all project milestones are met and that project deadlines are delivered.
• Lead and manage the entire Project Team, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
• Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
• Assign KPI’s to each position. Conduct staff appraisals, monitor and review performance. Oversee and manage all HR issues and recruitment process.
• Time Management – make best use of all employees’ time by scheduling meetings which are worthwhile and measurable.
• Develop robust commercial strategies and implement were necessary.
2. Solution Development
• Report weekly to Operations Manager and Senior Management Team on progress and provide a description on why KPI’s have/have not been achieved. Design an action list going forward.
• Ensure projects milestones are delivered in accordance with the contract.
• Deliver work outputs to meet the project requirements and to the satisfaction of the Client / and Senior Management Team.
• Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about service improvements.
• Clearly articulate project requirements to all staff.
• Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering processes at project and programme level.
• Take responsibility for the overall commercial performance of the entire project.
• Ensure that all processes and staff are operating at the maximum efficiency.
• Emphasise and highlight the aspects needed to achieve a fully coherent and efficient recruitment and selection process.
• Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
• Manage the work-stream of the programme.
• Complete resource planning for the project, recognising when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g. project onboarding and briefing).
• Support the design or development of solutions and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
• Lead Client interaction/calls/presentations.
3. Risk Management
• Risk tracking and management throughout the contract. Develop solutions to reduce risk.
• Continuous risk identification, risk evaluation, risk mitigation and contingency measure definition.
• Keep a risk register for the project to track the risks and issues identified.
• Develop a risk checklist, which is a guideline to identify risks based on the project life cycle phases.
• Applicants must have a good standard of education.
• Junior Cert / Leaving Cert (level 4 or 5), / GCSE in Maths & English.
• Fully qualified electrician with a minimum of 8 years + experience.
• Full 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
• Other electrical qualifications at JIB Standard or their equivalents.
• Relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
• Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
• Knowledge of Electricity Industry, ideally Utilities Sector is desirable.
• A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence.
Skills and Competencies
• Significant experience in the Electrical industry / Utilities Sector, particularly infrastructure upgrades on domestic installations.
• Exemplary attitude to health, safety and wellbeing.
• Exceptional communication and coaching skills.
• Ensures deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales to both the Client and business.
• Possess relevant skills for productivity management and the ability to identify improvements.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills in order to effectively liaise with Installers, management and client stakeholders.
• Experience in producing RAMS & Tool Box talks.
• Good IT background with experience in cloud systems.
• Excellent attention to detail & strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
• Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
• Willing to pass on your knowledge to other team members.
• Happy to work as part of a team plus working on your own initiative.
• Setting a standard of excellence and lead by example.
• A willingness to continue self-development.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment.
• Able to drive customer service as well as installation performance.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet work deadlines.
A competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate.