Vacancy: Architectural/Engineering Design Manager
Salary: 60,000 to 65,000 D.O.E
3D Personnel’s client is one of Ireland’s construction firms who have grown and developed over the years to become one of Ireland's leaders in their sector.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to be based in the Cavan area.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience and be degree qualified in Architectural or Construction design.
The main responsibilities of the role include;
- Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and approving design changes.
- Compliance with BCAR
- Communicate directly with Directors, production staff, other relevant personnel, and clients to discuss and organise projects from original conceptual design through construction.
- Present design proposals to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details
- Provide consultations with potential clients during the project development and tender phases.
- Assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analysing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations and internal standards
- Inspection of all project tender documentation to identify risk, establish deliverables and ensure compliance
- The preparation of any necessary scope documents for surveys, investigations and preconstruction regulatory compliance trackers
- Preparation of Tender design briefs for designers & subcontractors/ suppliers
- Tender design planning & programming
- Develop innovative design solutions to meet client’s brief while identifying opportunity
- Review of designs including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation to ensure compliance
- Management of design review meetings, progress & performance reporting
- Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties
- Keep abreast of current developments within the industry and identify need for changes in current practice.
- Carry out site visits and inspections as required
Education and experience requirements:
- Third level education in Architectural or Construction design
- Minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience in the relevant discipline
- A proven track record in construction design and innovation
- Excellent technical and organisational insight
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines