Our client is a large UK contractor who specialize in high quality external works and hard landscaping, as well as highway and civil engineering projects.
They are looking for a Site Engineer with good civil engineering experience to work on projects in the London Area.
- Setting out on small scale civil engineering works and hard and soft landscaping projects.
- ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications.
- liaise with any consultants, main contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force
- plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- prepare reports as required
Qualifications and experience:
- A foundation degree, HND or degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- First Aid
- Good setting out experience on civil engineering projects or other relevant project types
Salary is negotiable