Site Agent (Civil)
€65,000 - €75,000 + Package
3D Personnel are actively working alongside one of Irelands leading Civil Contractors. Due to their continued growth, they are actively seeking an experienced Site Agent to join their Waterford based team on a permanent basis working on a large-scale infrastructure project.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design review of submissions for earthworks, pavement, road furniture, markings and finishing’s to ensure it complies with the contract requirements.
- Prepare method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments.
- Responsible for the technical development of staff members.
- Review quality of work on all ongoing works.
- Ensure compliance with standards and specifications for pavement design and workmanship.
- Supervision of earthworks, subbase, CBGM and asphalt pavement construction;
- Monitors work on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate testing.
- Review and advise the design team of any modifications needed to the detailed road designs.
- Propose cost effective and innovative solutions to the problems in road/pavement, roadworks and finishing works.
- Prepare estimates and participate in tender reviews as required.
- Manage and price contract variations (continuing variations and improvement works).
- Prepare and issue price enquiries.
- Prepare scoping documentation, seek suppliers / subcontractors, and obtain quotations.
- Undertake the technical evaluation, and make recommendations for the procurement of materials and services.
- Communicate with, and attend project progress meetings with the internal site team and clients.
- Liaise with the Construction/Project Manager, client and supplier on technical matters as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical engineering or related Engineering field.
- Experience in supervising, coordinating and managing earthworks activities.
- Minimum 5 years Pavement/Concrete or Asphalt Construction Industry experience.
- Familiarity with specification for highway works and contract document preparation/
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- The ability to lead, manage and proactively participate in project teams;
- Hold a valid driver’s Licence.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest CV to Sarah or call today to discuss further.