Vacancy: Setting Out Engineer
3D Personnel’s client is a leading Irish contractor. They are currently looking for Setting out Engineer with 2-3 years’ experience for a project in county Galway.
The successful Setting out Engineer will report to Site Management and will be responsible for the effective implementation of the planned design, providing all setting out on site to ensure that work progresses on time and that all checks are carried out on a regular basis. You will form part of an experienced team, working alongside Site Management to ensure the projects are completed in line with the programme.
This is a genuine opportunity to join one of the market leading companies in Ireland with the chance to become a key member of their management team. A very attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate in addition to long term career and progression opportunities.
- Monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Planning work and efficiently organizing site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Would need experience with GPS for drainage etc.
- Hold a Degree in Engineering
- Have 2 years’ experience with a Main Contractor as an Engineer
- Have worked as a Setting out Engineer within the last 12 months
- Experience on GPS and Total Stations is a must
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project and PowerPoint etc.
- Be highly motivated and organised.