Vacancy: Setting out Engineer
Location: North Dublin
Salary: €50K - €55K + package
3DPersonnel’s client is seeking an experienced Setting out Engineer to be based in the North Dublin area.
The successful candidate will report to Site Management and will be responsible for the effective implementation of the planned design, providing all setting out on site to ensure that work progresses on time and that all checks are carried out on a regular basis.
- Setting out on site to ensure that work progresses on time and that all checks are carried out on a regular basis.
- Checking drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Planning work and efficiently organizing site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Would need experience with GPS for drainage etc. on roadworks.
- Hold a Degree in Engineering
- Have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience with a Main Contractor as an Engineer
- Would need experience setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site, Surveying the site using a total station
- Residential or commercial experience