Job Title: Senior SHEQ Advisor – Process & Water
Location: Havant & Surrounding area
Salary: Depending on experience
Our client is an Engineering Procurement and Construction company operating across the UK and overseas.
Established for over 70 years, the Company has successfully grown to an award-winning organisation now employing more than 1000 people.
As a dynamic, multi-disciplined company providing innovative, technology-led solutions to complex engineering challenges their in-house design and manufacturing capability puts them at the forefront of engineering excellence across sectors of expertise which includes Energy, Process & Water, Nuclear and Oil & Gas
We have a requirement to appoint a Senior SHEQ Advisor working within our Process and Water Sector. The Senior SHEQ Advisor will be responsible for coordinating SHEQ Advisors within the business and will report directly to the BTU SHEQ Lead. This role will involve travel to various sites within the Southern Water region and to the Head Office in Southampton.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and mentor a team of SHEQ Advisors and support the BTU SHEQ Lead.
- Deputise for the BTU SHEQ Lead during periods of absence.
- Take a lead role on audits, inspections and incident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in SHEQ performance.
- Assist in developing and maintaining health, safety and environmental standards and ensuring that they are achieved on-site.
- Find potential hazards that are not captured in the safe system of works, ensuring suitable and sufficient control measure are introduced to enable a safe working environment for alMonitor environmental aspects and impacts within the working environment
- Proactively work with operational teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified.
- Liaise with client representatives to establish good working relationships in relation to SHEQ management of sites.
- Provide support and input for all 3rd party audits including ISO Certification, ROSPA and client driven audits.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry and report on changes that will affect the business.
- Carry out regular site inspections across the project to evaluate the effectiveness of the business management systems and procedures, driving consistency and producing detailed reports for Management.
- Promote and brief the company Cultural Development Programme (CDP) aligned with the CDP procedure as well as the principals of continual improvement within the business.
- Drive implementation of SHEQ targets and goals.
- Create bulletins, toolbox talks and targeted SHEQ campaigns as directed.
- Set the highest standards of professional conduct, including SHEQ compliance whilst performing their duties.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
- IEMA Level 3 Environmental Management or equivalent
- A background of working in a SHEQ role, including the coordination and mentoring of a Team of SHEQ Professionals
- CSCS card
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001
- Trained in accident and incident investigation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organised & effective planner; strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role
- Excellent manager of people
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full UK driving licence
- Lead Auditor
- Water & Process industry experience
- Industry recognised accident and incident investigation qualification (ie. TechIOSH)
This company offers the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. They value employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme to buy more holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension