Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer
Salary: 50k - €55k +package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading civils contractor that undertakes large scale civils projects throughout Ireland, is seeking a Health & Safety Officer to join the team based on a project in the Cork area.
It is an exciting opportunity with a very attractive package on offer for the successful candidate in addition to long term career and progression opportunities.
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring Health & Safety compliance and perform regular Health and Safety audits
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as Internal and external stakeholders requirements
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard same.
- Successfully develop and implement work site Health & Safety campaigns and good practices
- Must have a Qualification in H&S
- 4+ years’ experience in working with Contractors
- Knowledge of IT Systems an advantage
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Site experience essential