Job Description: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Newtonabbey, Co. Antrim
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple ongoing projects for a highly successful and renowned Construction Company based in Northern Ireland. This role will be based from Head Office mostly, however weekly travel throughout the UK & ROI is mandatory.
Reporting to the Commercial Director your key responsibilities may vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include: -
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Valuations, Variations , sub-contractors measurement and payment along with completion of job costings on a monthly basis for presentation to Director’s
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress report
- Strong time management and communication skills are essential to this role as well as computer literacy and the ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
Candidates with 4+years of QS experience will be considered for this role. Please send your CV to Sarah Kennedy
*Note: this role may be based in the Republic of Ireland or the UK and may require weekend work from time to time.