We have a new opportunity for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join a main contractor.
Based out of their Head Office and visiting sites on a daily basis. All sites are based in the South East of Ireland.
The Health and Safety Advisor will implement and maintain the safety management system for the project and will be supporting the Project Managers, Supervisors, and site personnel by providing leadership and coordination of the day-to-day Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
Roles And Responsibilities:
• Ensure Health and Safety management systems are implemented and maintained across the projects.
• Managing the administration for the Health and Safety induction and training plans for all site personnel.
• Review update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statements.
• Manage training & compliance files for all site personnel.
• Ensure that all staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
• Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
• Lead and promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
• Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
• Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections, and toolbox talks
• Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
• Health & Safety degree qualification.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction projects.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
A salary in the region of €55,000 - €65000 plus package will be offered