Position: Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a large building project in the Cork. The successful candidate will be strong technically and have a desire to progress into project management. Our client has a great reputation in the industry, really looks after their staff and supports their career development.
- Ensure that supervisors and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
- A 3rd level degree in Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, at least 3 as a senior engineer or section manager on building projects
- Experience working with a main building contractor in Ireland or the UK
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc
- Travel allowance / Company van
- Great benefits package
- Strong opportunities to progress into project management