Position: Senior Engineer
Salary:- €70K - €75K + fully expensed van +bonus + pension + health insurance.
Large scale project and long term work in West Dublin
Reporting to the Project Manager, as Senior Engineer you will be an integral part of an on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
- Supporting the Project Manager with daily operations.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor.
- Supervision of the setting out by the sub contractors, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co – ordination.
- Checking plans, drawings and setting out co – ordination.
- Supervision of the civils/ groundwork sub contractor including road building within a development.
- Ensuring that all materials used, and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control and health & safety on site.
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager.
- Pro – active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to senior site manager and project manager.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years postgraduate experience.
- Previous experience of setting out for civils works, residential experience is an advantage.
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.