Vacancy: Senior Engineer
Salary: €55K - €60K + package
A highly experienced Senior Engineer is required to join one of Ireland’s largest main contractors in Waterford area.
The successful engineer will be an experienced individual who has been previously working for large main contractors undertaking variety of projects, ideally including bespoke pharma projects.
This is a great opportunity for Senior Engineer to join a leading main contractor on a permanent basis.
- Supervising the setting out engineers and supporting the Project Manager with the day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Project Manager as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete contractors
- Checking plans, drawings and supervisor of setting out co - ordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Education / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managerial position within main contractor in Ireland or UK
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD