Our client is one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer with good port/marine build experience to join them on a permanent basis for projects that they have in Invergordon in Scotland.
- Checking setting out on all build aspects of the site
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the customer specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environmental compliance
- Support the overall achievement of Perfect Delivery
- Deliver pre-start briefings
- Ensure all work is in accordance with the method statement
- Conduct quality control checks and build records
- Monitor and record all quantities of materials used
- Assist Site/Section Engineer in ensuring all operations are carried out safely
- Monitor compliance with method statements and safety dictates specific to these
- Read and understand engineering drawings
- Deliver method statement briefings and risk assessments and ensure all operatives have appropriate training for the task
- Ensure the works are executed to the quality plan
- Supervising the piling works
- Supervising the reinforcement of the existing structures of the building
- Helping with design aspects and supervising the work of setting out engineers
- Degree in civil engineering or related discipline is required
- NEC Contract experience
- Cad experience would be advantageous
- Structures or M&E experience would be advantageous
- Proven commercial awareness wold be desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the leading civil engineering contractors across the UK and Ireland.