Vacancy: Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor
Location: Northern Europe
To manage the Electrical Quantity Surveying functions for various contracts and to ensure the maximum commercial benefit for the company.
Our Client has several requirements for experienced Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyors in prestigious projects across Northern Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
- Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, day works and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site day works and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Minimum 5+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- QS Degree Qualified
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations