Vacancy: Senior Electrical Estimator
Location: Dublin, Can also be based in Galway or Limerick office.
As Senior Electrical Estimator you will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for estimation excellence in this area.
You will aspire to lead and will deliver estimation services that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become a technical, people and commercial leader.
- Prepare estimates by compiling take-off based on the scope of work and entering into computer estimating system, review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to read Electrical Technical Specifications and Employers Requirements for low voltage bids, varying from large commercial bids, pharmaceutical projects & large Data centre projects.
- Managing & interfacing of the tendering process with the various departments, and the timely submitting of the tender.
- Assist in compiling the Technical Submission of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Manage the quotation request process and review quotations for completeness manage multiple projects at any one time. Predict possible issues and pitfalls of projects, and advise the bid team of project risks and solutions.
- Follow up on submitted tenders and document the relevant feedback.
- Attend post tender meetings. After the successful bid at project handover, meet with the Construction Team to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and offer aspects for the successful transition of the project.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Construction Economics, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Ideally will possess 5+ years' experience in the construction industry of which 2 years has been in a similar Senior Electrical Estimator position.
- Experience working on tender’s in-excess of €4million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors. Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
- Ability to manage, develop & retain a large team