Position: Senior Document Controller
Location: North Dublin
Salary: €40k - €45K
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Document Controller with an established Tier 1 construction company.
This is a new senior position and this person will be a “Champion” for the new document control system throughout the company providing oversight and training.
The positon is based in their head office in North Dublin, an area of very good public transport links.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Document Controller position:
- Manage the Document Control system for the lifecycle of the projects. Where applicable, establish the project on the Document Control system in line with company protocols.
- Manage and host Document Control training sessions for new users within the project team, either with groups or on an individual basis.
- Create and manage document workflows in the Document Control system, with direction from the project team, in line with company procedures.
- Validation, checking and curating of all incoming and outgoing project documentation including receipt, classification, verification, registry, distribution and retrieval.
- Configuration and preparation of status reports on workflows, sample submissions, TQs, RFIs and other reportable data.
- Establishment and maintenance of central site files, controlled and uncontrolled drawings and registers.
- Collation of Operation and Maintenance, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, BCAR files
- Attend meetings to allow engagement of team and stakeholders.
- Continuously identify and communicate opportunities for enhancement and reduction of waste and risks to Project Manager.
- Ad-hoc high level administrative support to the site team, if applicable.
Experience & Skills needed for the Document Controller position:
- Experience of working on projects with large volumes of data and information from various sources
- Advanced experience of electronic document management system(s).
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and educate all stakeholders in the system ensuring the protocols are strictly adhered to.
- Experience of dealing with multidisciplinary design teams and client teams.
- Experience of dealing with the sub-contractors and the wider supply chain.
- Ability and willingness to train others.
- Knowledge of naming conventions for BIM
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Diligent and an analytical thinker.
- Excellent document preparation and formatting skills.
- Ability to prioritise work, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Good time management skills.
- Interest in project delivery processes, project administration and the wider industry.
- Underpinning Training & CPD as part of a broader CPD strategy.
Required Criteria for the Document Controller position:
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite
- Some understanding of naming conventions for BIM - BS 1192 and PAS 1192.
- Experience of configuration and management of systems in compliance with BS 1192 and PAS 1192.
- Advanced user of CDE Software
All applicants will be treated confidentially.