Vacancy: Senior Civils Estimator
Location: County Kildare
Salary: €65K - €75K DOE + package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading main contracting building and civil engineering company, is currently seeking an experienced Civils Senior Estimator to join their team in an office in County Kildare.
The successful candidate will be experienced on a variety of projects and will have at least 5 years consecutive experience as an estimator within a civils main contractor or large sub-contractor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyse drawings and specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize sub-contractors quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track the same
- Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify any potential risks.
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
- HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of pricing elements of civil construction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadline