Vacancy: Environmental Officer
Salary: €45K - €60K + Package DOE
3DPersonnel’s client, one of Ireland’s leading contractors, is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Environmental Officer to be based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have at least 3-5yrs experience within a similar role with a leading main contractor. The ideal Officer will be degree qualified or diploma qualified in Environmental, with a stable employment history.
Responsibilities involved in this role will include:
• Ensuring that Environmental management systems are further developed, implemented and maintained.
• Providing advice, guidance, instruction and training in all Environmental matters to the Senior leadership team and where applicable to sub-contractors & the supply chain.
• Providing leadership and coordination of the day-to-day environmental requirements on various project sites
• Carrying out environmental audits and inspections
• Preparing in conjunction with the site teams environmental plans, and other associated site documents.
• Participating in site meetings, report on environmental risks, trends and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
• Investigating, recording and reporting on any issues as they may arise, ensuring root causes are identified and corrective actions are implemented as necessary
• Developing mitigation plans to off-set future risk and as required
• Identifying new and on-going environmental related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
• Enforcing relevant policies within the SHEQ department
• Attending regular SHEQ meetings
- 3-5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Up to date with current legislation & compliance
- 3rd level qualification in Environmental or equivalent.
- Proficient in carrying out environmental inspections and producing risk assessments