Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Salary: €80K + package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading main contractor, are currently looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will ideally have 5 years’ + experience and will be based in an office in Limerick.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading main contractor in Ireland / Europe area offering the chance to work on large projects while receiving great company benefits
Quantity Surveyor/Estimator’s roles and responsibilities will include:
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client
- Be responsible for submitting interim and final claims.
- Ensure close co-operation with the Framework Manager as regards assessment of progress, identification and evaluation of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Liaise with the Framework Manager to ensure that claims issued are comprehensive.
- Identify increases in materials and/or labour, as appropriate.
- Ensure valuations & invoices are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required by the Framework Manager, on the financial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients and/or their representatives.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as they fall due.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- 3rd Level Qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying, or equivalent.
- 5 years + experience working as an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor, preferably with a Main Contractor.
- Excellent reporting, analytical and computer skills.