Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor (PM Consultancy)
Salary: €50K - €70K DOE + package
3D Personnel’s client is one of Dublin’s largest construction consultancies with projects based through-out Dublin, they successfully been undertaking projects through-out the Dublin area for the past 20 years and have gained a reputation for quality delivery with their blue chip clients. They are seeking to recruit highly experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in their Dublin office.
The successful QS’s will need at least 2 - 7yrs experience working in a similar position. This is a great opportunity for a successful project manager to join a leading consultancy with a large pipeline of work over the next number of years.
Roles and responsibilities
- Review Commercial Risk, Value Management and Cost Control paperwork.
- Commercial management of subcontractors.
- To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts materials and plant orders.
- Knowledge of construction & contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Manage time & workloads for yourself & any “reports” in a structured manner
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues
- Deal with change management including adherence to the Programme “established approach”
- Take part in meetings & discussions regarding project performance & to provide commercial input into project strategy
- Produce monthly cost, valuation and cash flow reports.
- Attend and provide input at start up and close out meetings.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Maintain effective communications with project management.
- Provide advice on any contractual claims
- Understanding the implications of Health & Safety Regulations
The successful applicant must:
- Have at least 2 years recent experience as a QS with a main contractor.
- Possess excellent mathematical & accounting skills, be analytic, organized, confident, self-motivated, be computer literate and be able to work individually or as part of a busy team.
- Be able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes.
- Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and work methods.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Be well presented and customer focused, a good command of the English language and good telephone manner is required