Vacancy: Civil Quantity Surveyor
Location: North Dublin
3D Personnel’s client, a leading civil engineering contractor, is presently seeking to employ an experienced Civils Quantity Surveyor to work on a project in North Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have 2 -5 years’ experience in working in civil's contractors undertaking a range of projects.
This a great opportunity to join a leading civil engineering company with a large amount of work going into the next 18 months to 2 yrs.
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years working on civil's projects for main contractors as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civil engineering projects
- Familiar with NEC Contracts.
- Enthusiastic, motivated individual required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently