Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Co Kildare (North)
Salary: €55K - €65K (DOE) + marketing leading packages
3D Personnel’s client are a contracting company who specialise in high quality residential and commercial construction along with the associated infrastructural works.
Due to continues growth 3D Personnel’s client is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on large scale residential projects in the Leinster area.
The successful candidate will have 4-5 years’ experience working in a similar role, ideally on the residential projects with a developer or main contractor and will have a hunger to develop and grow within the company.
The Quantity Surveyor will be working alongside a Commercial Manager on some of Ireland’s most prestigious construction projects whilst dealing with clients on a day to day basis.
The applicant will be joining an established company with an excellent workbook into the future.
Responsibilities of Quantity Surveyor:
- Administration of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of the contract.
- Final Accounts – assessment of timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Mentoring junior staff
- Provide input to contracts with client's representatives
- Advise and mitigate the effects of disputes, recognise potential contractual issues on site and make records to protect client’s interests
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client's representatives.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards.
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.