Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: € 65K - € 75K
One of Ireland’s best known Irish building contractors is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on large scale residential project in Dublin area.
The successful candidate will have 4+ years ideally working in a similar role with a developer or main contractor and will have a hunger to develop and grow within the company.
The Successful candidate will be working alongside a Commercial Manager on some of Ireland’s most prestigious construction projects whilst dealing with clients on a day to day basis.
Responsibilities of Quantity Surveyor:
- Administration of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of the contract.
- Final Accounts – assessment of timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Provide input to contracts with client's representatives
- Advise and mitigate the effects of disputes, recognise potential contractual issues on site and make records to protect client’s interests
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client's representatives.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline).
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role on residential projects in Ireland or UK
- RICS membership as advantage
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards.
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
- Valid CSCS/SafePass card
- A full clean driving licence