Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Co Kildare/West Dublin
Salary: €75K - €85K DOE plus package (accommodation can be provided)
One of Ireland’s best known civil engineering companies is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor with 5-10 years’ experience, ideally working in a similar role with a Civils main or Sub contractor and will have a hunger to develop and grow within the company. The successful candidate will be Initially you will be based on a site in county Kildare and on the later stage will be moved to a full time office position located in West Dublin. Quantity Surveyor will work alongside Commercial Manager on projects from pre-contract through to final account whilst dealing with clients on a day to day basis.
Duties will include:
- Preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Cost and Value management
- Mentoring junior staff
- Subcontractor management
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards.
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.