Our client builds beautiful, successful places, blending homes, parks and public realm with great facilities to create fantastic communities where people love to live. They work together with trusted partners to tackle the shortage of good quality homes.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor in the Reading area to work on a large residential project lasting up to 6 to 7 years.
- price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- measure and value the work done on site
- pay subcontractors
- liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- select and/or source construction materials
- write reports
- either an undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject
- or a postgraduate conversion course accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Salary negotiable depending on experience.