Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €75K - €85K basic Salary + package - DOE.
An experienced Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading main contractor that is currently working on projects through-out Ireland but particularly within the Dublin area. The successful person will be experienced working on projects with a value of up to €60 Million while working as Quantity Surveyor. The successful person will be an enthusiastic hardworking person who will join the team and add value to the company. This is a great opportunity to gain long term employment with a leading main contractor that provides great salaries and opportunities for progression.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Produce comprehensive subcontract orders, manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
- Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
- Agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract.
- Maintain cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
- Work in partnership with all departments, assist in driving communications & problem solving.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Head up purchasing department
- Conduct cost reviews
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers/sub-contractors regarding pricing