AB – 003 – 108
£50000 - £55000
- Assist in protecting the companies’ commercial position by developing and implementing an in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
- Responsible for planning and managing their own works and sometimes that of an Assistant or Trainee QS, including providing development and support.
- Develop and maintain a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with the delivery team to develop techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs.
- Become aware of the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customer’s business industry / sector.
- Be aware of the requirements to plan change in commercial resource within a project.
- Assist the business/project in achieving the objectives/targets set in our Carbon Strategy within your specific work activities.
Start Up of New Projects
- Develop understanding and working knowledge of project start up and close out procedures.
- Carry out subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement schedule timetable, in accordance with the companies’ procurement process and policy.
- Procure materials and off-site services in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Prepare work package content sheets as part of the project team.
- Prepare subcontract invitations to tender and evaluate tender returns (time, cost, quality and SHE) and make recommendations to appoint.
- Understand the importance of the supply chain to deliver continuous improvement in terms of time, cost, quality and learning of all parties.
Applications for Payment and Invoicing
- Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations.
- Use a knowledge and understanding of principle costs of resource (labour, plant and materials) to identify, manage, reduce and eliminate unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Prepare material wastage reconciliations.
- Monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets, including but not limited to the scheduling of labour resources.
- Review plant and equipment schedules to ensure efficiency of use.
Accounting and Reporting
- Contribute to the production of accurate and timely CVR reports and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures.
- Develop a level of understanding of planning and programming to contribute to accurate progress reporting.
Risk and Opportunity Management
- Identify risks and opportunities in projects and implementation of risk and opportunity management, risk and opportunity registers to minimise the risks and realise opportunities.
- Ensure that any “Change” is identified through participation in regular and detailed review of construction information, measured against the contract requirements.
- Ensure that all “Change” is challenged where the performance of the project could be affected.
- Ensure that the cost (time, and money) of all client “Change” is recovered.
- Participate in early value engineering activities as part of the project team, ensuring all associated costs of change are included within the evaluation.
Programming and Project Controls
- Contribute to the programming and sequencing of the project from a commercial perspective.
- Understand the contractual relationships between the various parties and "stakeholders", including the companies’ contractual obligations in relation to those interested parties, with particular emphasis to Conditions Precedent.
- Ensures that all necessary contractual notices are put in place, timely and accurately and in accordance with the companies’ contractual obligations.
- Prepare all necessary subcontract notices accurately and on time.
- Prepare timely and accurate payments for authorization.
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including Compensation Events (variations), claims and disputes.
- Re-measurement and provision of quantified schedules of works and / or bills of quantities.
- On-site quantification of unfixed materials.
- Checking of daywork sheets or time and material records.
- Participate in project close out and archiving.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Min 3+ years’ experience in construction tender estimating / quantity surveying
- Experience as QS on variety of project disciplines a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or related field
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
Please submit your application directly or contact ABalme@3DPersonnel.com for more information.
3D Personnel Ltd specialise in working within the construction sector where we work with companies who design, construct and maintain the built environment. In addition to this advertised role, we also place Assistant Site Managers | Site Supervisor | Site Managers | Senior Site Managers | Contracts Managers | Project Managers | Construction Managers | Construction Directors | Construction Project Directors