Quantity Surveyor (Residential)
Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
€65,000 - €85,000
3D Personnel are actively working alongside a well-recognised Residential contractor. Due to continued expansion, they have immediate vacancy for an experience Quantity Surveyor to be based in our clients Head Office in Mullingar, Co. Westmeathworking on a large Residential projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Procurement of subcontractors including compiling of tenders, replying to queries from subcontractors, assessing tenders and issuing contract documents at appointment.
- Managing subcontractor’s accounts throughout contracts from appointment to final accounts including issuing payment recommendations, contract administration and assisting Managing Surveyor in settlement of subcontractor’s final accounts.
- Preparation of bills of quantities including take-off and assisting in compiling rates/budgets.
- Assist in contract tendering from compiling subcontract packages, obtaining quotations, transferring rates to BuildSoft/excel formats.
- Assist in interim valuation submissions for contracts.
- Occasional site visits to gather information and make records for surveying/cost items.
- Preparing budgets, cash flows and project programming and monitoring and updating of same various ad-hoc surveying duties.
- Assist in general construction office administration including filing documents/drawings etc.
- Assist site management with head office backup such as issuing standard forms/record sheets, clarifying scope of works contained in contract price.
- Fully familiarise yourself with the Project Briefs (Drawings & Specifications).
- Completing and submitting applications for utility connections to sites including temporary supplies.
- Assist in compiling taking in charge applications for private development sites.
- Attend various ad-hoc meetings as necessary,
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified Quantity Surveyor and will have 4+ years site or Industry experience in a similar capacity, will have strong communication and IT skills, and will be energetic and motivated.
- Previous experience within a well-recognised contractor based in Ireland or the UK.
- Energetic person interested in a career in Construction Management.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest CV to Sarah or call today to discuss further.