Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor (Developer)
Location: Co. Kildare (5yrs work in Kildare)
Salary: €70K - €80K (All DOE) + package
An excellent opportunity has opened up with 3D Personnel’s client, a company who are regarded as one of the premium developer's operating in the Leinster market for the the last 30 years. This firm has expertise in the delivery of many of Leinster's flagship building projects and their vision is to be Ireland’s most dynamic developer delivering places that help people and businesses thrive.
3D Personnel’s client is currently looking to hire a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a team on a project in Louth to be responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with the Project Team and Commercial Manager to manage all contractual and commercial issues.
A very attractive salary is on offer to the successful candidate in addition to long term career and progression opportunities.
- To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- To suggest package sub contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
- To take a lead role in the valuation process.
- Be aware of element costings and costs per square metre of different materials.
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Surveyor for agreement with the professional team.
- Confirm project insurance arrangements.
- Assist with value engineering exercises.
- Prepare & monitor bid package tender schedule and advise on selection of Works Contractors.
- Monitor the information flow both to and from the company to ensure that work undertaken is fully authorised at all times.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
- Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
- Prepare payment documentation for subcontractors and suppliers for approval by line manager
- Prepare ‘rolling’ final account throughout project and agree at PC (with approval of line manager)
- Close out financial account and retention releases (with approval of line manager)
- Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible incl Internal Value & Cash Flow forecasts.
- Degree qualified in QS/ Construction Economics or higher
- Minimum of 4 years working on large scale construction projects such as Apartments, offices, hotels, mixed projects
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good oral & written communication skills