Position: MEP Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bank Station, London
3D Personnel are excited to be recruiting an MEP Quantity Surveyor for a leading global construction and engineering company based in Bank Station.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the contractual management of subcontractors and sub-consultants, cost reporting and all other commercial matters associated with their section of works. Reporting through the commercial procedures relating to subcontractors and suppliers will be required.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the following commercial activities working as part of the MEP commercial team reporting into the MEP SQS:
- Administer various MEP subcontractors and sub-consultants ensuring compliance with the contract and the company’s management systems;
- Administer both Option A / C and E Subcontracts or professional services agreements;
- Manage the monthly valuation and payment notice process for each Subcontract in accordance with the requirements of the subcontract;
- Subcontract change management including assessment of compensation events, early warning and quotations for each subcontract;
- Provide the construction and design teams with commercial supports for each package;
- Assist the procurement department on commercial matters during procurement activities;
- Assist in preparation of ITT’s and Commercial Tender assessments;
- Produce monthly cost reports for each packages including cost and value analysis, and variance reports;
- Cost spread forecasts including programme analysis;
- Assist with change management in relation to the entitlement and assessment of change under the main contract;
- Registration, notification and evaluation of early warning procedures events;
- Assist the Managing QS in commercial and financial aspects of contracts;
- Loading new subcontractors, change orders and certification using COINS management system or other applicable systems;
- Assist the SQS in the management of trainee / assistant QS.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a construction, commercial or related discipline;
- You have worked or are working in a similar role now;
- Extensive use of NEC 3 contract environment;
- Large Infrastructure project exposure (preferably with MEP experience);
- Analytical mind and logical problem solving;
- Rail experience advantageous;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Committed to ethos of an accountable, cost effective, high quality, customer driven service delivery;
- Demonstrable commercial awareness;
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Holds a CSCS Card – yellow (regular visitor).
If this sounds like the kind of company, project and position you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us now on: 02071 833 030 or apply below:
3D Personnel construction recruitment agency is a leading name in construction recruitment for The United Kingdom supplying Professional & Technical, Trades & Labour and Construction Services talent across a broad range of construction sectors. Our dedicated labour managers can guide you through the whole construction recruitment process and help you land that dream role in the British construction industry.
Finding a suitable construction job for you is something 3D Personnel takes massive pride in. Other projects and progression will be available within 3D Personnel due to the ever growing construction industry that is thriving in London, Colchester and Southampton Areas.
3D Personnel is currently working on a number of large scale projects in the London, Colchester and Southampton areas, if the job above does not suit please contact us for other potential construction job opportunities near you.
For a full list of construction jobs we currently have available please visit
3D Personnel act as an employment business.