Location: Co. Tipperary
3D's client are a long established, medium sized, progressive company. Over the last 30 years, our client has developed a reputation in civils projects. By maintaining strong relationships with their clients most contracts are repeated; in doing so a standard of excellence is maintained and delivered for all clients.
3D personnel’s client is currently looking to employ an Estimator/QS to be based in Tipperary area.
Roles & Responsibilities of Estimator/QS:
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client
- Be responsible for submitting interim and final claims.
- Ensure close co-operation with the Framework Manager as regards assessment of progress, identification and evaluation of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Liaise with the Framework Manager to ensure that claims issued are comprehensive.
- Identify increases in materials and/or labour, as appropriate.
- Ensure valuations & invoices are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required by the Framework Manager, on the financial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients and/or their representatives.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as they fall due.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- 3rd Level Qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying, or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years + experience working as an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor, preferably with a Main Contractor.
- Excellent reporting, analytical and computer skills.
- Full clean driving licence.