Mid Ulster / Co. Tyrone
Attractive Salary - DOE
This employer is a long-established global leader in their sector and supply to the crushing screening, and recycling industries (to name a few).
Due to continued success and growth they are now hiring across a range of departments and we are excited to be assisting them in their search for new team members.
Currently seeking a Quality Engineer with 3+years’ experience in a similar role and good knowledge of manufacturing and ISO9001.
To maintain, control and further develop quality standards and processes within fabrication production and despatch, in terms of materials, systems, products, personnel and customer satisfaction.
Standards & Procedures
• Take the lead in promoting and implementing high quality standards and systems throughout every function of the business, to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain, review and continuously improve existing quality standards.
• Develop and establish new standards and certification, as required by the business.
• Develop procedures to ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
• Implement robust quality systems to maintain accreditation to ISO 9001
Checks, Inspections & Audits
• Undertake quality inspections to identify weaknesses in any of the production processes or quality systems and develop means to achieve the objective of ‘first time right’.
• Implement clear and easily applied quality inspections and audit methods, to collect the necessary data in a timely fashion, to assess standards and measure improvements made.
• Organise the completion of all necessary quality checks: this may take the form of undertaking the task e.g. random in-process checks, PDI’s, NDT, checking specific customer orders prior to despatch or delegating the task to approved persons.
• Completion of internal audits according to an agreed schedule.
• Oversee the completion of external audits and surveillance visits, and ensure recommendations are implemented or identified non-compliances are resolved through a recorded action plan.
• Conduct root cause analysis in a timely manner and implement recorded corrective actions as a proactive approach to continual improvement.
• Receive and sufficiently resolve non-conformances to ensure a long-term solution is implemented and the customer is satisfied:
• Any non-conforming product on the customer site is checked and/or repaired
• Any non-conforming product in company stock is quarantined and production informed to rework.
• Any returned non-conforming goods are organised for quarantine on arrival and production informed to rework.
• Any resulting costs are discussed with Senior Management
• Relevant processes or procedures are updated to prevent reoccurrences
• Toolbox talks are held with relevant employees
• An 8D report is and submitted to the customer where requested.
• Develop and undertake, in conjunction with the Purchasing team, a schedule of supplier audits to assess their performance against agreed criteria, regarding raw materials, compliance, traceability etc.
• Address non-conformances with the supplier with a recorded action plan to achieve a suitable, timely and acceptable solution.
Training, Instruction & Assessment:
• Plan, develop and provide training to the workforce to achieve high standards of quality performance, which is assessed and reviewed.
• Complete the quality section of the induction training programme with all new employees
• Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all work processes and deliver training on same with area supervisors, to ensure all employees are competent in the necessary quality skills and knowledge, with suitable records maintained.
• Provide TBT’s with employees to address specific quality issues as they arise.
• Develop, schedule and provide training for new employees, trainees and apprentices on quality standards.
• Monitor the quality performance of new employees
• Participate in company employee information sessions to update the workforce on quality developments.
• Provide supervision for junior members of the Quality Team e.g., Quality Technician, Apprentice, delegating appropriate work and providing opportunity for their development.
Record Keeping and Reporting:
• Retain all quality records as required, in a professional format and in a location to allow easy retrieval.
• Ensure all quality checks, inspections and audits are recorded and retained for reference.
• Maintain all customer and supplier quality records, particularly action plans to evidence improvements achieved.
• Keep accurate quality statistics with reference to KPI targets and report these to management monthly.
• Provide information for employee attention on quality standards, current issues, progress against targets and new quality initiatives.
• Develop quality controls and documentation such as inspections, quality manuals and quality procedures.
• Establish a maintenance schedule to ensure quality is maintained and retain relevant records, including tools/equipment calibration.
• Improve and maintain data accuracy, quality information for product marking and dispatch.
• Provide reports for senior management, where data has been analysed, in relation to quality improvements and project outcomes.
• Participate in the company’s continuous improvement ethos, to ensure quality is involved in all production processes and business functions.
• Take the lead for appropriate improvement projects using Lean thinking and methodology to raise quality standards.
• Active involvement in all aspects of product modification and service development.
Consultation & Liaison:
• Work collaboratively with supervisors and managers to plan, formulate and agree quality actions, standards and procedures.
• Motivate employees to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods, standards and procedures.
• Engage with production supervisors to identify areas for improvement and to implement new quality initiatives.
• Proactive involvement in developing and enforcing company policies, procedures and standards.
• Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers.
The person will need to be able to lead improvements, work with various teams and further develop high quality standards with the quality team.
You should also have:
BSc in an applied science or engineering field
3 years equivalent experience in quality control and improvement.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Quality Planning, Control and Improvement including working to audited ISO quality standards.
Previous experience in a manufacturing-based role. A willingness to work flexible hours to ensure deadlines are met.
Ability to travel when required.
Valid driving licence and vehicle insured for business purposes.
Preference will be shown to this who in addition to above also show/have
Certified Quality Engineer or certification from a Quality Management Institute or Society.
Qualified as a Responsible Welding Co-ordinator (RWC).
Experience in the quarrying/screening industry.
8am – 5pm Mon to Thurs and 8am – 2pm on a Fri (40xhrs per week)
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.