Market Leading Company
FT Perm Contract
Competitive pay rates
Our recruiters have been working with and placing staff in this business for over 10 years, they are a leading manufacturer based in the Inishowen area and therefore this role could suit someone in Donegal or living in the Derry City area.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced qualified and competent Purchasing Officer to join their ever busy and expanding team in Inshowen, located conveniently between the Derry and Donegal borders.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this role will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of departmental objectives. With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, the candidate will take a proactive approach in delivering on current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes for improvement. This role provides key administration support within the Purchasing team in managing ongoing suppliers of materials and components.
Full remit of the post will encompass the following duties:-
• Supporting the purchasing function to help achieve objectives required to aid production of existing and new product development.
• Assistance with the administration and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of Materials and finished parts for production.
• Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
• Establish relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company's needs.
• If required, Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
• Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Sales, Engineering and Production.
• Material Costs – stringent material control are required to assure company targets are met. The includes spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels etc
Qualifications & Experience
Proven exposure and track record as follows;
• Minimum 3 years previous experience in a Purchasing role - preferably within an Engineering / Manufacturing environment.
• High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum).
• Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
• Able to bring a new dimension to procurement activities.
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
• Experience of Purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries. Experience of working with MRP systems is essential.
• Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality / performance.
How to Apply
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland and only suitable applicants may be contacted.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.