Vacancy: Site Engineer
Salary: €50K - €55K + package + accommodation
An opportunity has arisen for a confident and motivated Site Engineer, who shows great leadership and decision making skills in order to guide and inspire the site teams to deliver a top class product.
Successful Site Engineer will be based in the Dublin area while working for a leading building development group.
- Set out the works and ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided
- Disseminate information from drawings, specifications, etc. to foremen, operatives, subcontractors, so that they clearly understand what is required
- Test materials as directed by your supervisor/line manager in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Record all daily activities, relevant information and occurrences in your site diary
- Record and report on work progress including that of subcontractors to your manager
- Pursue, proactively your own development and training. (i.e. complete the work-based development programme in a timely manner)
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and report those who do not
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all personnel.
- Monitor and check setting out instruments and testing equipment.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Follow directions and attend meetings as required
- A third level qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Site Engineering position
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.