Vacancy: Project Manager
Salary: €75K - €85K + package
A Project manager is required to join one of Irelands leading main contractor in the Galway area. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a rapidly expanding main contractor that has been undertaking projects for over 40 yrs.
The successful project manager will be join the companies Galway office and will be undertaking a variety of projects including commercial, residential, industrial and pharma in and around the West and Midlands region.
The successful person be experienced in working with large main contractors on a variety of projects of a least 5 yrs.
Reporting to the Project Director your key responsibilities are: -
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations.
- Develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme.
- Ensure effective communication and implementation to deliver the project on time.
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required.
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Ensure robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant Construction Management / Engineering Degree.