Our client is one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for an experience Project Environmental Manager to join their team on a permanent basis to help drive the continuous improvement in environmental performance. The role will be based in the Watford area.
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate ‘best practice’ EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes. Provide support and assistance when required to Health & Safety team and lead by example at all times.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of appropriate procedures, approvals, co- ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Represent the company on environmental affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Manage all environmental regulatory reporting requirements. Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in environmental emergency situations.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Environmental Degree/Diploma is essential for all applicants
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative) is a distinct advantage
- IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role.
- Previous experience of managing ecological issues would also be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.