Job Description: Procurement Manager
Location: Newry, Co. Armagh
Salary: £35,000 – 40,000
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for a Procurement Manager for a company based in Newry. My Client is a multidisciplinary construction company working as Main Contractor, delivering an abundance of high end projects across Ireland and the UK.
You will supporting the commercial team and will be assigning material budgets from Tender to live projects.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet company's goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- At least 5 years’ experience of either procurement or buyer within the construction sector
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of all MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- A team player with leadership abilities
Please note this role requires the candidate to be familiar with Northern Ireland, only candidates who have/are living and working in Northern Ireland will be considered. .
Please send your CV to email@example.com