Vacancy: MEP Project Manager
As an MEP Project Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across the London area.
The Project Manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Mechanical Piping / HVAC Projects.
The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships.
They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards.
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with Operations Manager in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
- Archive project
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
- Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project management experience 10 years+.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical pharmaceutical, DC, Life Sciences or Industrial projects
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- Piping/HVAC and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience in Process Piping, BMS Systems, HVAC, Clean & Dirty Utilities Piping, is desirable.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and Piping installations as well as a solid understanding of Electrical Works on large Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Heavy Industrial projects.